The HD2 display combines performance and versatility in a durable device that fits comfortably in the user’s hand. Used for field inspection of optical fiber, the HD2 incorporates a variety of features that enable portability and efficiency. All models include a 3.5-inch thin film transistor (TFT) liquid crystal display (LCD) and an innovative GripSwitch that conserves battery life with instant-ON functionality when holding the unit in-hand, and powers OFF when set down. It is equipped with a continuous-ON feature for hands-free operation. With its durable design and rugged enclosure, the HD2 ensures excellent performance during field applications.
Additional features available in certain models include an integrated patch cord microscope (PCM) to inspect male connectors, and a visual fault locator (VFL) to locate damaged or broken optical fibers.
Note: All JDSU HD-series analog displays are equipped with a 4-pin probe input. A separate converter (FBPP-DPAC1) is required for use with 6-pin probes.
• High-resolution 3.5-inch TFT LCD display that can detect 1 μm particles and scratches
• Ruggedized, durable enclosure for use in any environment
• GripSwitch™ mode activates the display when held in-hand and deactivates it when released, extending battery life
• ~8-hour run time using continuous-ON mode and extended run time in GripSwitch mode
• Low-battery warning LED
• Uses eight AA batteries or AC adapter (100–240 VAC/12 VDC) as alternate power supply
• Available hardwired to FBP or FBE probe or connectorized to FBP probe
• View clear detailed fiber end face images on 3.5-in video display
• Use with JDSU probe microscope to inspect both bulkhead (female) and patch cord (male) sides of fiber interconnect • Promote proper fiber handling workflow and practice